Wednesday 14 August 2013

goin' up the country


My last few weeks on the Emerald Isle have had the most round house kickin'/ fist pumpin'/ air guitar playin' kinda effect on my heart.

My beautiful cousin and soul sister Finn came to visit for a long weekend. I'll be sharing a house with this amazing girl as well as some other pretty rad house-mates when I move to West London tomorrow (TOMORROW!).
We managed to squeeze in a full day of sightseeing, Irish coffees and pub time in my parent's home-town before packing up the car to head off to Kerry for a big old family knees up.

A 5 hour car journey, way too many travel sweets and one retail park pit stop later we were in beautiful Killarney in Kerry to visit my aunt and her family. It was a girly affair with 4 aunties and three girly cousins staying up way past the witching hour at the kitchen table drinking wine, taking photographs and swapping family anecdotes.



I treasured the opportunity to connect with my little cousin Zio as it's only the second chance I have had to meet her since she was adopted from Vietnam when she was a baby. Such a funny, smart and kind little human being, she just adored getting to know her grown up cousins and we took every opportunity to play with her and get to know her beautiful personality.

When she jumped on my bed one morning and said "Let's play 'Mamas and darlings', you can be the Mama and I'll be the darling" (a game she learned from a tv show apparently) I seriously thought my uterus would go off like a bomb. Sigh. 


As well as the (several) maternal ticks and twitches I also thanked my moon and stars for being blessed with such a huge close-knit family and I relished the chance to bond with some seriously cool female matriarchs. 

Killarney is a treat to visit and if you're ever considering a tour of Ireland it will tick every box~ I particularly fell in love with this time capsule tea room which we all loved so much we ate lunch in it two days on the trot. Smoked salmon and poached eggs and eggs benedict for the girl who wanted to run away with the china. Delicious.







My flight to London leaves at mid-day tomorrow so it'll be an early night for me tonight. I can't wait to check in with my first post from my new home. Thank you to all of you who have left such sweet words of luck and encouragement for me on my journey. Hugs and kisses are on the wind to you all x x x




Thank you so much for reading! Why not hitch your wagon to Stars in Jars?
>.<



12 comments:

  1. Wooo! I love this post. You're so lucky to have such a great family :) Hooray for London times!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hooray for London times indeed! See you soon Freya! xxx

      Delete
  2. Loving your photographs- the top ones look so mystical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit moody isn't it! We're wearing our best wistful expressions hehe! x

      Delete
  3. Lovely pics! Looks like the perfect way to spend the last few days - you make me hanker after pretty teashops! xx

    Julia from stylonylon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to find a suitable London tea shop to have a spot of tea in together sometime Julia! x

      Delete
  4. hello there, omg you have such a cool blog! so inspiring :) would you mind to follow each other? i see you have a wonderful photography skill and i like photography as well! i already followed you on my reading list on google:)

    www.lepetitejournal.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/LePetiteJournal
    http://instagram.com/andianti_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you so much Ajeng! I LOVE your depiction of life in Hong Kong! Following ^.^ x

      Delete
  5. Awww. That place is darling. I want to visit a little shop like that. So cute!

    I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have a an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party every Friday. Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I love all the great beauty stuff on your blog~ will definitely be reading for a few tips! Thank you Karla!

      Delete
  6. I have a cousin my age who I call my "soul sister," too. We grew up together and consider each other the best of friends. So lucky to have her! Oh, and I love that gold polka dot teapot. Gorgeous! Safe travels, and good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a blessing to be close to your family isn't it?! I'm an only child so family is extremely important to me and Finn is just like a sister to me.

      Thank you so much for the kind wishes!! x

      Delete