Monday 23 April 2012

blowing out the candles


I was so happy to be able to celebrate my Mom's birthday with her yesterday before I hitch on out of here on Wednesday. This gal's gonna miss her Momma that's for sure!
Yesterday morning was for surprise birthday breakfast trays, handmade cards, homemade jam and scones and the three of us huddling and cuddling on my parents bed giving hugs and kisses which were half birthday, half  'Sweet Lord I'm gonna miss you'. I can't even let myself think about it yet.
That afternoon we threw on some glad rags and went out for a fancy family lunch, picking up a few recruits along the way...a cousin here, an uncle there. It was nice to get everyone together in one place, to eat, to laugh and talk, I'll be leaving with such lovely memories and a heart so full and thankful for my amazing family.

This was the birthday breakfast tray I made for my mom. I made her Raspberry & Vanilla Jam with Cranberry & Coconut scones.


I found the jam recipe here and the printable jam jar labels here.


The birthday card tutorial is here.


The happiest of Mondays to you all! x

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love the card, it's so adorable :) Where are you headed off to now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candice! I have a position at a private Kindie in Seoul, about half an hour away from where Dallas will be working. I'm so excited! ^.^ xx

    ReplyDelete