Monday 16 April 2012

D.I.Y Peter Pan collar

 On a recent clear out of my Nana's home I acquired some lovely handmade lace doilies. I'm not really one for placing doilies around the house but they are beautiful and they were made by her so I got my crafty mojo working and came up with a way of putting these lacey little lovelies to good use.

Here's how I made a lace Peter Pan collar from a doilie in 4 easy steps:


1. Take a doilie and find a top or dress that could do with a little embellishing

2. Cut your doilie in half using a pair of scissors.

3. Place each half of the doilie around the neckline of your garment and cut the doilie to fit the curve.

4. Fold the doilie around the neckline and sew onto the garment using a needle and thread.


 Voila! You can breathe new life into countless old tops or blouses this way and it really couldn't be easier. So off you go and raid your Grandmother's drawers :)









No comments:

Post a Comment