I've had the lovely honour of being named by two beautiful Bloggesses for the Liebster award in the past month!
Am I cheating the internet if I do a second Liebster post? Will it give me detention and take away my blog?
I think I'll get away with it somehow and, seeing as it's all in the name of fun and supporting our fellow blogging comrades, I'm game for indulging in a little 'Round Two' >.<
Seeing as I was nominated by two different ladies and have two sets of questions to work from I'm going to mix + match and choose a blend of my favourite questions to answer from both.
First, if you are unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, here is a little look at the rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
☽☽ the weird & wonderfuls ☾ ☾
1. I quit smoking 3 months ago. It's been surprisingly easy.
2. I can speak very basic conversational Korean and know a handful of Israeli insults.
3. I'm a Japanese anime geek. Love em. Love em all.
4. 'papillon' is my favourite French word and 'schmetterling' is my least favorite German word. They both mean butterfly.
5. I come from the same town as Kate Moss.
6. I'm a mean shot with a rifle (at the arcade).
7. A tarot reader predicted every major event in my life over the last 6 months.
8. I can wiggle my ears without touching them.
9. I'm an uncannily fast walker and have had arguments in the street with friends and partners because of this fact.
10. I have eaten locusts and pupa.
11. I did fire poi on a beach in Thailand when I was very drunk. In retrospect that wasn't a very wise thing to do.
☽☽ the Q + the A☾ ☾
1. Melyssa asked: "What's your favourite quote?"
I draw huge inspiration from quotes and have dedicated entire pinboards to motivational quotes and awesome truths on Pinterest. My favourite ones are usually simple, poignant messages of love and mindfulness. Just recently I received a lovely snail mail package from a reader who included this little gem for me:
I love this. Such a simple, honest reminder to be better. I have taped it up over my dresser.
2. Joan asked: "What made you start blogging?"
I'm glad this is one of the questions as I am often asked by family members why I am snapping pictures of my dinner and then have to explain about keeping an online blog and invariably becoming frustrated when I can't adequately justify to a non-blogger why on earth I want to make public the smallest details of my life.
I suppose there are a few reasons; first, I began blogging during my first year living abroad in South Korea and I thought it was a good way to keep friends and family back home updated on my life abroad without having to write the same things over and over again in emails to different people. I've always loved to write so very quickly I began to really enjoy testing out my descriptive writing skill in different posts. Not only that but as I began to get readers and interact with them and with writers of other blogs I began to feel I was part of a small community of like-minded people; people ready to give support and feedback and encouragement no matter what little issue I was posting about. I think this is mainly what keeps me posting these days. Not to mention it's a trip to be able to look back over the last three years or so of my life and re-live the highs and the lows and the little memories and moments I may otherwise have let go undocumented and adrift in my memory. It's not for everyone, but it makes me happy.
3. Melyssa asked: "What 5 things make you extremely happy?"
Love (giving + receiving), yoga, being creative, travelling and eating good, nourishing food.
4. Joan asked: "Where's the best place you've ever been to?"
I love being asked this. For me it always induces a rippling effect within my memory; my mind sifting through image after image of the places I've been; like fanning the pages of a magazine.... the colorful landscapes and scenery, the beautiful people I've met, the sounds and smells, the foods I've tried, the markets and the jungles, the tents and train rides and stories told around an open fire.
One thing I can count on when I am an old lady will be the happy memories gleaned from travel.
The best place? I would have to say the Vivekenanda Yoga University in Bagalore, India where I lived as a student for a month. It was so liberating to walk barefoot and make-up free, practise yoga and meditation and purge and learn and walk the lush grounds and eat a vegetarian ayurvedic diet every day.
I would go back tomorrow if I could.
5. Melyssa asked: "What three words do you hope people will use to describe you at your funeral?"
Haha, such a self-indulgent question, I love it!
Kind,happy and unforgettable!
6. Joan asked: "Which dead celebrity would you bring back to life?"
7. Melyssa asked: "Without thinking about obstacles, what is the biggest dream you'd like to accomplish in your life?"
For as long as I've known I want children I've wanted to be comfortable enough to spend their early years at home with them. I can literally remember all the time I spent with babysitters because my parents had to go out and work. I would love to have the luxury of being a stay at home Mom until my kids reach school age.
8. Joan asked: "What's your guilty pleasure?"
Candy Crush on my iPhone. I'm on level 65.
9. Melyssa asked: "What would you do if you stepped in dog poo on the way to an important interview?"
New shoes! (any excuse ^.^)
10. Joan asked: "What's your favourite book?"
'The Magic Faraway Tree' by Enid Blyton. First published in 1943 and I'm still hanging on for a movie version!
11. Melyssa asked: "What was the best thing that happened to you this week?"
Puppy kisses after an out of town trip. Nobody can ever make you feel more missed than a family dog.
☽☽ my nominees☾ ☾
1. Maria @ I Believe in Story
2. Taylor @ Live and Move
3. Sondra @ Abhaya
4. Allie @ Call Me Sassafras
5. Freya @ Nishaantishu
6. Hillary @ The Painted Arrow
7. Sarah @ Floral Mountains
8. Madison @ Telling Oceans
9. Emily @ Some Girl- A Diary
10. Melissa @ The 25th Hour
11. Angie @ Lariats and Lavender
☽☽ my Questions to you☾ ☾
1. Tell me a joke
2. What would you change if you were President/Prime Minister for a day?
3. It's dinnertime, what are you cooking me?
4. Have you had any kind of mystic/spiritual experience (or anyone you know)?
5. Who would play you in the movie of your life?
6. What's your favourite childhood movie?
7. What's the wildest thing you've ever done?
8. Describe your perfect date.
9. What's the best gift anyone's ever given you?
10. Which are cooler? Dinosaurs or dragons?
11. Are you proud of yourself?
If you're still here, congratulations!! Now how about clicking through and saying "hi" to some of the sweet gals I linked to above?
Meeting new faces is a bloggers favourite treat ^.^