Sunday 23 December 2012

monday morning ear candy//vintage christmas mix



It's Christmas eve!
All is peaceful and bright and dusted with white powder just as it should be.
Enjoy your milk and Christmas cookies, and don't even think about wiping that milk mustache off!

Work today is all about Christmas fun for the kids~ there'll be a (Korean) Santa visiting the classrooms, lots of Disney Christmas cartoon watching, carol singing and my own class will be performing their rendition of 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' on stage in the gym while I probably weep a little bit.

On Saturday we hosted Christmas dinner for our friends and I had to step out to the store to pick up a few things while everyone was arriving. On my way back home, laden with bags, breathe turning to fog out of my frozen lips, navigating the frozen pavements as the charity workers clanged their jingle bells I stopped a breathe to watch the twinkly lights on the big Department store Christmas trees across the street.

I got that belly-warm Christmas feeling, the kind I haven't felt since I was a little kid and I believed.
I guess now all I believe in is the magic and spirit of Christmas.
But it still lit my face up like a Christmas tree.

Today's play list is full of cool vintage Christmas twang, press play and let's deck those halls.

Merry Christmas!

                                        
                                   
                              
                                      vintage christmas by louloubelle on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment