Saturday 19 January 2013

DIY// craft paper envelopes





Raise your hand if you are a stationary fiend.
I'm more than a little obsessed with pretty paper goods and rarely leave a craft/stationary store without a bag of loot in tow.
I found this darling how-to on Pinterest on how to make your own envelopes using wallpaper samples.
I happen to have a box of craft papers which have been sitting on the shelf all sad and lonely since Christmas.
Now they have been transformed into these beautiful envelopes just singing for a handwritten letter to be slipped inside and mailed across the seven seas.
This tutorial is so quick and easy these things practically make themselves.
Ready? Let's go...



The supplies: 
~ craft paper/wrapping paper/wallpaper samples or any pretty patterned paper you have to hand
~an ordinary envelope
~scissors
~pencil


First, open out your envelope, lay it on the back side of your craft paper and use it as a template to trace around with a pencil.




Cut out your template shape with scissors to get an envelope shape.



Fold each corner at the edges.



Use glue to stick together the bottom and each of the two side flaps.



That's it! You are done!
See I told you it was super easy ^^



Decorate with pretty stamps and labels and fill with love notes and pen pal letters and poems and cards and anything else that people love getting in the mail!


13 comments:

  1. These are amazing, I'm definitely gonna have to try this. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bekka, please leave a link here if you do, I'd love to see them!

      Delete
  2. These are seriously great. I've always wanted to make my own envelopes but have never researeched it. Thanks for sharing :)

    Also, I nominated you for a Liebster blog award! Check out my blog for the details.

    xoxo Jess
    Foreign Room


    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to make my own envelopes out of pretty papers. It's so much better than buying one haha. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! They are definitely more cost efficient ~.^

      Delete
  4. the paper you used is adorable!! i remember when i was little, i would love to make my own envelopes :)

    andrea brionne
    @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with stationary! This is so adorable. Thank you for sharing.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have accumulated a mighty collection out here in Korea~ they have the cutest stationary ^.^
      Thanks for commenting Shannon! x

      Delete
  6. I am definitely going to be doing this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Bri~ you can use newspaper or magazine paper, the possibilities are endless ^.~

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete