Tuesday 1 January 2013

time to aspire


"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself." ~ Neil Gaiman




Fresh year, fresh start. 
13 aspirations for 2013:

~learn to be more present & in the moment
~feel the fear and do it anyway
~write more short stories & have one published online
~ practice mindfulness
~reach my goals for this blog
~save the money for my next magical adventure
~no more alcohol
~learn to use my camera in manual
~love him hard
~make myself proud
~stay diligent with yoga
~ practice more random acts of kindness
~breathe it all in, love it all out


                                                               

9 comments:

  1. Hey Louise,
    Thank you for linking up with us!
    What are some of your goals for your blog?
    I also love your "breathe it all in, love it all out" goal. That's beautifully written :D

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely aspirations. I particularly like 'breathe it all in, love it all out' that's a great one to remember :-) happy new year!
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much~ I actually read that quote on Pinterest so I can't take all the credit for it, but I agree it's a lovely little phrase ^^

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Louise!!! I agree with Sarah and My Froley, that phrase is really beautiful!
    I am also hoping to try and learn how to use my camera in manual. Every time I start to do it I feel confident, but then I get a few bad pictures in a row and decide that auto is so much easier haha.
    Keep me posted on if you get a short story published! I love to read and would love to read what you write :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean Andrea, I have to keep reminding myself how much I spent on the camera every time I'm tempted to move it to automatic!!

      Delete
  4. These are fantastic aspirations! I love practice mindfulness, and I have got to get better at switching the auto off my camera as well. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Terri! Happy New Year to you too (✿◠‿◠)

      Delete
  5. No more alcohol? Is that one a lofty goal for you? lol. ;)

    I think your goals are great! Good luck with them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I think after almost 30 years I can safely say I'm just better off without it ;)

      Delete