Sunday 27 January 2013

the sunday slowdown


What to do on a cold and cloudy Sunday?
This morning we threw open the windows, pumped good psychedelic rock through our speakers and gave our little apartment a deep, hard clean.
It's such a good feeling to put your feet up at the end of a good soul-cleansing purge of dirt and dust bunnies!

Later at the hair salon I ended up cutting bangs on a whim.
Damn me and my whims, I always think bangs are a good idea at the time but I'm the worst at maintaining them and they inevitably end up being bobby-pinned to the side of my head.

This evening I blew the dust off my baking trays and made these sea salt chocolate chip cookies from Ambitious Kitchen.

Holy. Mama.

I want to track down whoever thought of pairing chocolate with sea salt and kiss them on the mouth and that's all I'm gonna say about that! 
I kind of got into my kitchen groove after that and decided to pull out the ginger and spice and everything nice and boil up a pot of spicy Indian Chai.



Right now the apartment is steeped in the rich smells of sweet and salty brown butter cookie dough and boiling cardamom.

Blissed.

I hope everyone had a warm, weird and wonderful weekend ^^






12 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! What a cool design! Did you design your bog yourself?

    www.dreamingisbelievingreally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice Niki, thanks! I sketched out the design myself but I had a professional code it for me ~.^

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post. Your bangs are super cute, girl! I know the feeling though - I think we've all been there. I forget who it was, but I once retweeted someone on Twitter who said, "It's crazy to me that the most important decision a girl can make is whether or not to have bangs." Haha so true!

    Chai tea is my all time favorite thing, and I can just imagine how amazing your house must have smelled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! I had a mixed range of reactions from my class of 6 year old's from "not pretty" to "weird", haha! I guess they don't like the change ^^

      Delete
  3. I think your Sunday sounds like the most perfect Sunday! It's a chilly summer day here and I think a spot of cookie baking might be in order! Yum! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookie baking can turn a Sunday to a Funday in the ping of an oven timer >.<

      Delete
  4. !!! This is a fantastic blog post. I totally agree with a good deep clean!!! And chocolate with sea salt, yesssssss. It's so delish!!!

    Have a lovely Monday, I hope it's as fantabulous as your Sunday was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie~ chocolate & sea salt go together like peas and carrots, navy and mustard, winter and a sweater...I could go on!!

      Thanks for visiting xx

      Delete
  5. I am so jealous of your Sunday! And I love "the sunday slowdown" title. It's just what sundays are for. I may need to try that salted chocolate chip cookie recipe soon... sounds amazing...

    Also, love the bangs! I've been debating about getting them myself once my hair grows a little more, but I'm not sure that I could pull it off since my hair has some curl to it. They look so great on you though!

    xoxo Jess
    Foreign Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely should try it Jess~ it's dead easy and the leftover cookie dough keeps for days in the fridge, perfect for dipping sugar hungry fingers into ^.~

      Delete
  6. I cannot even imagine how good your apartment smelled! Which is not to say that your words didn't describe it well - they did! It just sounds too divine for me to even comprehend!

    Love the bangs, lady, even if they do get the bobby-pin treatment before long :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm must be such a great smell! no candles needed, everything natural :-)

    ReplyDelete