Friday 4 January 2013

nominated!


{{via}}

Happy Saturday friends!
This was a particularly sweet morning for me as when I checked my emails I saw I had been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by the lovely Andrea from Mostly Happenstance
'Liebster' is the German translation of 'love' or 'favorite'.
There is no board committee for this award~ it is an opportunity for bloggers to highlight their favorite  up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Like a big ol' bloggy hug or interwebbin' high-five from one blogger to another ^^

Here are the rules for this award:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.



∆ ∆ ∆ 

11 facts about me

On my birth certificate I am 'Frances Louise' but I've been called 'Louise' my whole life. I kinda like the idea of being a 'Frankie' though. Future pen name?

Please, don't touch my feet.

I worked as a paid extra in a Bollywood movie while travelling in India.

My favorite smells in the whole world are basil and coconut.

I hate awkward silences and am horribly unable to edit myself during them. I'll tell you my whole back-story just to keep that dreaded silence at bay.

If you don't have a beard you have no chance with me.

My secret dream jobs would be either to work as a Nutritional Therapist or a Children's novelist. Or both!

I've travelled to over 15 different countries and counting.

I'm a certified trained yoga instructor.

I love tattoos. I only have one but I think girls who have sleeves and chest pieces are beautiful and wish I were brave/edgy enough to pull them off on myself.

A lot of my favorite books, movies and singers are French.

∆ ∆ ∆ 

Andrea's Q & A

1. Which multiplication equation do you have trouble with?
Just about all of them. I'm horrible at math!


2. How old were you when stopped believing in Santa {or tooth fairy if Christmas isn't your thing}?

My school Priest informed our entire primary school assembly that there was no such thing as Santa Claus. I was 7 and my Mom was outraged.


3. What's your favorite snack?

Avocado on toast.

4. How many states have you lived in?

I'm British so not sure this applies to me!
I've lived in 3 different countries though~ England, Ireland and South Korea.

5. Do you have any pets? If so, how many?

Not right now but once I'm settled I plan on a house filled with belly-scootin babies and puppy paw prints.

6. Can you do a handstand?

I can do a yoga head stand but it's been a while!

7. What's your favorite Disney movie?

'Return to Oz'

8. What's the best birthday present you've ever received?

A weekend in Paris.

9. Have you ever been on a cruise? What's your favorite place to cruise to?

I have never been on cruise.
I'm trying hard not to insert a cringe-y 'cruisin' pun here ^.^

10. What's your favorite book?

I couldn't possibly choose one.
Oh alright then, for the purposes of the game 'Sexing the Cherry' by Jeannette Winterson


11. Do you use 'lol' or 'haha' in texts?

I'm more of a creepy "heh heh heh"-er

∆ ∆ ∆ 

My 11 Nominees:

1. Deborah In Whirl of Inspiration
2. AshleySadie Rose Lost Boys + Lovers
3. Nicole @ Unify Handmade
4. Sara @ Forest Lass
5. Jai @ Tea for Bohemia
6. Whitney Whit B Nimble
7. Jac @ My Little Tulip
8. Tarah @ Little Bubalishka
9. Dorien @ Bodacious Thought
10. Emily @ Tea Tree Vintage
11. Pati @ Pretty Talk

∆ ∆ ∆ 

My 11 Questions:

1. What would your 'last meal' be?
2. Describe your perfect Sunday
3. What's your Spirit Animal?
4. If you could click your fingers and arrive anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. What was the last package/letter you sent and who was it to?
6. What would your ten year old self think of you today?
7. Who is your favorite book/movie character and why?
8. Are you crafty? If so, link to your personal favorite craft achievement.
9. Would you rather live by the mountains or the sea?
10. What are you reading right now?
11. Tell us a joke.

∆ ∆ ∆ 

I would love to read along if any of you have already participated in the Liebster Awards q + a! Definitely link up in the comments if you have! 

 happy happy weekend, loves! 

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much!
    {Em ♥ teatreevintage.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, it was great to get to know you a little better!!!The nickname Frankie is really cute {I'm an Andie, and I love it!}. Do you not like your feet touched because they're ticklish or is it just gross? After watching Ghost World I've had a fascination with Bollywood movies so it's so awesome that you were in one! Also, I can't believe a Priest would tell kids that; that should definitely be left up to the parents or other kids.

      Thanks for creating such an amazing blog!!

      Delete
  2. Andie is very cute ^.^
    My feet are both ticklish and gross hehe!!
    Thanks again for the lovely nomination, I had lots of fun writing up this post! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I have already done a Liebster post though, but I will certainly answer your questions sometime. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Dorien~ congratulations on your second Liebster >.<

      Delete
  4. You = such a cool cat. Definitely learned a few things about you! Are you familiar with the Australian magazine 'Frankie'? Definitely jives pretty well with your taste in beautiful things and beautiful outlooks! Too perfect that your future-maybe-pen-name matches up exactly.

    Hooray for so many good blog recommendations too!
    Congrats lovely - you deserve a shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw gosh Ash you always have the sweetest comments that just make my day!!

      I have heard of Frankie but never had the chance to read it, may have to check out the English bookstore magazine section!

      Love & love!!!

      Delete
  5. I'm a "heh-heh-heh-er" as well.
    It makes for a more enchanted life.

    Heh.
    (:

    allisonleighann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that just poked out a huge "hahaha" from me!!!

      Thanks for stoppin by and making me chuckle Allison >.<

      Delete
  6. Thank you for thinking of me Louise! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi honey!! thank you so much for nominating me inthis post, soooo sweet. i will try to get around to it soon, but i didn't want you to think i had overlooked you. it means so much that you read my blog and thought of me here. i am getting my son back in school this week after a long winter break, so things are a bit hectic - as i'm sure you understand. LOVE your blog! xo sadie rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh no problem at all Sadie Rose (most beautiful name ever by the way ^^), I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of your blog pictures and your lovely writing and I was just paying it forward to you!

      Thanks for the sweet comment about my blog dear, I hope things settle down for you soon! xxx

      Delete
  8. Oh my, I have bookmarked this post in order to thank you for the liebster love (THANK YOU!) and to make a 11-questions-post. However I forgot both until now (a.k.a. now that I found the bookmarked post). So thank you so much dear!! :)

    ReplyDelete