Tuesday 29 January 2013

howl.




“The desert and the ocean are realms of desolation on the surface.


The desert is a place of bones, where the innards are turned out, to desiccate into dust.



The ocean is a place of skin, rich outer membranes hiding thick juicy insides, laden with the soup of being.



Inside out and outside in. These are worlds of things that implode or explode, and the only catalyst that determines the direction of eco-movement is the balance of water.



Both worlds are deceptive, dangerous. Both, seething with hidden life.



The only veil that stands between perception of what is underneath the desolate surface is your courage.



Dare to breach the surface and sink.” 
― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration


4 comments:

  1. I live in the desert (literally - Utah!) and I belong in the ocean, in the water. I love both so much, so very very much. Thank you for posting this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I envy you Angie~ I've never even touched desert sand but I have such a fascination with it. You are lucky! x

      Delete
  2. Hi I just followed your Blog today found it on BBN would love it if you can follow back when you have a chance

    Navin
    www.thesoupprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete