Sunday 4 November 2012

so it goes.


Yesterday was a seasonal flues blues, red nosed, mooch around in my pajamas all day kind of day. With a little rock n roll and needle n thread action for good balance.
It kicked off around 7.30am with breakfast and a side order of Velvet Underground.
I had to make a quick run to the doctor in Itaewon and scooped up some Campbells tomato soup from the international food mart on my way home to rustle up the perfect under the weather comfort food lunch: tomato soup with grilled cheese and avocado sandwiches.
I was feeling fancy so I threw some cinnamon in with soup and it tasted just like Fall in a bowl ^^


By 7pm I was still a mess of achoos and balled up tissues so I air kissed Dallas goodbye as he left for a night out with our friends and sat cross legged on the apartment floor for the next 5 hours finishing this canvas stitch project while watching Janis Joplin get high and jam with the Grateful Dead in Festival Express.

I'm tickled pink with how this turned out. Dallas and I scratched our head for hours over what quote we wanted to add-trading and dismissing lyrics, Wes Anderson and even Adventure Time quotes.
But then I remembered this quote from one of my favorite novels; Slaughterhouse-5 by Kurt Vonnegut and knew it was perfect: "So it goes".

I love how in three simple words it delivers such a powerful message of peace and acceptance with life. 

There's no real tutorial to go with this craft. All you need is a canvas, needle and thread and preferably the flu to give you Saturday night off and the long hours needed for it's completion!



Peace, love and all that good stuff.

x






1 comment:

  1. Look at you smarty-pants! What a neat-o project for a Home Sick Saturday night.
    I can't remember how it started, but I know it started waaaay way early in our relationship: when confronted with different things thrown by life, we say this..
    PIC: "Such is life"
    Myself: "And so it goes"
    A one-two punch, just like that. In fact, he painted it into a picture he made for me - I'll let you know when I post it!
    Well done, Ms. Lou :)

    ReplyDelete