Wednesday 21 November 2012

thankful

{{source}}

Thanksgiving Day is a jewel,
to set in the hearts of honest men;
but be careful that you do not take the day,
and leave out the gratitude.
~ E.P Powell

Technically Thanksgiving is not my holiday as I am British but seeing as I have been dating an American for 3 years and 85% of my friends here in Korea are citizens of the US I feel like I can stake a small claim on their holiday traditions~ especially ones as pure hearted as Thanksgiving.

Counting our blessings is such an important part of life, I was taught this from a child and I will teach my own children this too. The heart can lay heavy if you don't open your eyes and take simple pleasures from your surroundings and the good fortune in your life.

{{source}}


Like today I am thankful for the falling leaves and the way the cold weather clears the cobwebs from my head. I'm thankful for my family of friends here in Korea and what a tightly knit group we have formed. How when we are all together each one of us fits neatly like the pieces of a puzzle.
I'm thankful for my guy.... the corner piece of that puzzle, the most important kind ~.^

I'm thankful for my childhood in a war-free country and a peaceful home.

Thankful for my healthy body and adventurous spirit.

Thankful for a universe that always provides; nature and spirit and beauty and music and love and art.

Our freedom to move within the world and do as we will.

Our freedom of choice; to love, to forgive, to travel and explore, to share knowledge and friendship and bless others with kindness.

Thankful.
Heart full.
Every day.

Happy Thanksgiving~ xx





2 comments:

  1. Well said, friend. So excited for Saturday I can hardly contain myself! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too~ looking forward to Angelo's punch!! x

      Delete